Since its formation in 2006, Hereford Futures and the predecessor organisation, ESG, has made significant progress in the redevelopment of Hereford as a truly outstanding place to live, work and invest.
Here is a list of some of the things we have done:
- Establishing a Masterplan for a 40 hectare mixed-use development area including planned landmark developments.
- Securing in excess of £12m of public sector investment from Advantage West Midlands to support the delivery of the Masterplan through property acquisitions, engineering works and project development.
- Developing a strategy and delivering the appointment of Stanhope plc as development partner for 29,000sq m of new retail and leisure floorspace, including a six screen Cinema, in the Old Market site in the city centre which will create in excess of 1100 new jobs and lever in £80m of private sector investment.
- Leading the selection and appointment of the Sanctuary Group as development partners for the planned 800 homes Urban Village.
- Leading the production and negotiation of the Hereford Futures Sustainability Policy.
- Securing planning permission for the Edgar Street to Commercial Road Link Road.
- Leading the design and procurement of the Yazor Brook Flood Alleviation Scheme including the identification of the engineering solution, securing planning permission and successfully acquiring the necessary land rights. The scheme was completed ahead of schedule and on budget, and successfully tested during the heavy rains of spring 2012.
- Leading both a design and developer competition for the redevelopment of the historic Buttermarket which led to the appointment of Wrenbridge & Trebor and architects Austin-Smith: Lord
- Identifying the opportunities for Higher Education provision and leading negotiations of behalf of Herefordshire Council with key partners such as Hereford College of Arts .
- Leading negotiations, on behalf of Herefordshire Council, with Hereford United Football Club for the redevelopment of the Edgar Street Ground.
- Supporting Herefordshire Business Board and the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership in the successful bid for the Hereford Enterprise Zone.
- Leading a strategic review of utilities infrastructure in the city and successfully lobbying for investment in electricity supply for Hereford, to be delivered by 2015.
- Advising Herefordshire Council and private investors on wide a range of investment opportunities in Hereford.